Cosentino Center Orlando
4420 North Orange Blossom Trail
Orlando, FL 32804
8:00 a.m. Wednesday, March 20, 2013
REGREENÂ® is the nationâs first and most comprehensive green residential remodeling program. The program is based on the REGREEN Residential Remodeling GuidelinesÂ©, a set of sustainability best practices that emphasize green product selection, team integration and whole-systems thinking.
The REGREEN Implementation Workshop addresses the industry-specific challenges interior designers face when renovating a client space. Building on foundational knowledge from the REGREEN Guidelines, the workshop employs faculty-led instruction and team charrettes to prepare designers to identify, evaluate and implement strategies to green their projects. It is the capstone course in the REGREEN Trainedâ¢ certificate program and offers 0.8 HSW CEU (IDCEC). The workshop is taught by Annette K. Stelmack, Allied ASID, LEED AP BD+C, sustainable design consultant at Inspirit-llc, contributing editor for Green Building Advisor, LEED faculty, and co-author of Sustainable Residential Interiors.
- Identify strategies from the REGREEN Residential Remodeling GuidelinesÂ© to adopt in daily practice.
- Understand the value of engaging whole-systems thinking and professional team integration.
- Incorporate spatial relationships, adjacencies and best practices when developing space plans.
- Select environmentally-preferable FF&E that contributes to healthy IEQ and resource conservation.
- Educate the client about non-toxic cleaning and maintenance operations.
REGREEN: A Guide for REGREEN Remodeling Projects (online course, 0.2 CEU), $39.99/$59.99; Enroll at http://regreenprogram.org/learning-programs/curriculum
Breakfast and lunch are included.
Contact Lori Tugman (email@example.com, 202-675-4440) or visit www.REGREENprogram.org.
ASID Member 240.00