Downtown Mount Dora
Friday, May 17, 2013
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Join us on Friday May 17th - Sunday May 19th for this years 5th Annual Mount Dora Blues and Wine Festival!
• Friday at Elizabeth Evans Park, Mount Dora. This year's Festival kicks off with the soulful vocals and unique guitar style of Charlie Morris and his rock-steady rhythm! Followed by Mount Dora's own Blues Brothers Revisited Show; this year featuring Andrew Mullen as Jake, T. Scott Walker as Elwood, Jacqueline "Queenie" Jones as Aretha! and the "Eustis Horns". The Nightly Blues Band will follow with their mix of Southern Blues.Then Miss Jacqueline "Queenie" Jones will wrap up the evening with her unique soulful blues style. Entertainment & Tickets
• Saturday at Maggie's Attic, Lakeside Inn and Elizabeth Evans Park, Mount Dora: Activities being with a Wine Stroll and Tasting at Maggie's Attic and Lakeside Inn.Sample wines from vineyards around the world and our National varieties as well. Enjoy the blues sounds of Brad Catron and Albert Bashor. Wine tasting tickets can be purchased separately, or added on to your Festival tickets. Entertainment & Tickets
• Saturday's entertainment starts at Lakeside Inn, Mount Dora: Entertainment begins at Lakeside Inn with a FREE Concert featuring David Oliver Willis , a Mount Dora native and a Season 12 Top 25 Contestant on American Idol. Divid gives us his unique style of folk/blues. Following David you will enjoy Franc Robert & The Boxcar Tourists. Franc Robert brings us a stripped-down raw and powerful blues sound! After the show, make your way down to Elizabeth Evans Park right behind the Lakeside Inn for the Festival Feature Show! Entertainment & Tickets
• Saturday's Festival Feature Show at Elizabeth Evans Park, Mount Dora: Opening Act: Jerry J's Triple Shot, "Southern Fried Outlaw Blues". Followed by: Thomas Wynn and the Believers "Southern Soul Rock with Muscle" - Orlando Sentinel. "Soulful, gritty tunes, some as sweet as honeysuckle and others ferociously jagged ... reminiscent of Levon Helm, Neil Young and the Allman Brothers, but they still boldly radiate a sound and southern charm all their own." - Metromix Orlando Headline Act: Chris Simmons and Royal Blue Coming back to Mount Dora and Lake County by popular demand after standing ovations from the 2012 show with Leon Russell at Tavares Station Field! Chris Simmons spent the last five years touring the world as guitarist with Leon Russell. He is an extraordinarily talented blues man that will make you feel his emotion and heart with every note. He's now out there with his own band, sharing his music. It's energetic, seasoned with Southern Soul! Entertainment & Tickets
• Sunday at the Community Center, Mount Dora: We begin with great BBQ from Black Bear Smokehouse.BBQ sold separately and can be added to Blues ticket order. Sunday's show features the Beautiful Bobby Blackmon followed by Little Jake and The Soul Searchers.